Club Competition 2020
Baskervilles has run an annual Gymnastics Competition, at our Hub Centre at Englishcombe Court, for the past seven years. Last year saw over 400 children from the club compete. This is a fantastic opportunity for gymnasts to showcase their skills and compete against other gymnasts of a similar age and ability, while performing in front of judges in a fun and relaxed competition environment.
The 2020 Club Competition will be held on Saturday 8th or Sunday 9th of February. Dates and times won’t be confirmed until all entries are in and scheduled.
Please see below for approximate competition times:
The full-size competition programme can be found here.
The tabs along the bottom indicate the different time slots of the competition, find your child’s name to see when they will be competing. The quickest way to do this is to press ‘Ctrl+F’ and insert the gymnasts name. (Click ‘Options’ and make sure ‘Within:’ states ‘workbook’.)
• Gymnasts will perform a floor routine and two vaults, which will be judged by a panel of Baskervilles judges.
• All gymnasts who perform on the day will receive a participation medal.
• Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd on floor and vault in each category, and to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed gymnasts overall in each category. The overall winner of each category will receive a trophy to keep.
• All proceeds from the competition will pay for new equipment.
We encourage you to help your child practise at home. All gymnasts should practise at home using the practice videos below. Follow the link to the correct School-Aged classes.
Click for Warm Up practice video
Click for Floor Routine 1 practice video
Click for Floor Routine 2 practice video
Click for Floor Routine 3 practice video
Click for Floor Routine 4 practice video
Click for Floor Routine 5 practice video
Click for Floor Routine 6 practice video
Click for Vault 1 practice video
Click for Vault 2 practice video
Click for Vault 3 option 1 practice video
Click for Vault 3 option 2 practice video
Click for Vault 3 option 3 practice video
Click for Vault 4 option 1 practice video
Click for Vault 4 option 2 practice video
Click for Vault 4 option 3 practice video
Yes! Entry is £2.00 for adults and £1.00 for concessions – pay on the door.
When should we arrive for the competition?
Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your child’s start time.
How will the competition run?
Each session consists of:
• Gymnasts perform warm-up routine.
• Gymnasts compete on apparatus (floor and vault). Gymnasts will perform their floor routine one at a time on the floor area, and have two goes on the vault. Their best vault score counts.
• Medal presentation. All gymnasts will be congratulated, receiving gold participation medals. Place medals for the top scores will then be awarded.
Are spectators permitted to take photos?
You may take photos of your own child.
What should my gymnast wear?
Club leotard (silver shorts optional) or Baskervilles yellow T-shirt and blue/silver shorts. Hair should be tied back neatly (use clips and hairspray).
Our Club Kit is available from Reception.