Club Competition – Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th March 2018
Baskervilles runs an Annual Gymnastics Competition at our Hub Centre at Englishcombe Court. This is a fantastic opportunity for gymnasts to showcase their skills and compete against other gymnasts of a similar age and ability, while performing in front of judges in a fun and relaxed competition environment.
A Competition Programme will be emailed out with exact timings two weeks before the competition. A rough guide to times can be seen below.
How to enter:
All eligible gymnasts should have now received an email with an entry form and details of how to pay via BACS.
Competition entry fee is £8.00 per gymnast. Please note, entry fees are non-refundable.
• Gymnasts will perform a floor routine and two vaults, which will be judged by a panel of Baskervilles judges.
• All gymnasts who perform on the day will receive a participation medal.
• Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd on floor and vault in each category, and to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed gymnasts overall in each category. The overall winner of each category will receive a trophy to keep.
• All proceeds from the competition will pay for new equipment.
We encourage you to help your child practise at home. All gymnasts should practise at home using the practice videos below. Follow the link to the correct School-Aged classes.
Warm Up Practice Video
4–6 years practice video
6–8 years and Beginner Girls practice video
7–10 & 9–12 years practice video
Thursday 4:30pm class, Intermediate 2
Thursday 5:15pm class, Intermediate 2
Tuesday 6:10pm, Intermediate 2
Novice Girls 1
Novice Girls 2
For the Wednesday 6:30pm class at Englishcombe:
Music 3: Britney Spears – Toxic
Jessie Willis To follow
Half Term Competition Practice:
A great opportunity for gymnasts to fine tune their routine.
Yes! Entry is £2.00 for adults and £1.00 for concessions – pay on the door.
When should we arrive for the competition?
Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your child’s start time.
How will the competition run?
Each session consists of:
• A group warm up.
• Gymnasts perform warm-up routine.
• Gymnasts compete on apparatus (floor and vault). Gymnasts will perform their floor routine one at a time on the floor area.
• Medal presentation. All gymnasts will be congratulated, receiving gold participation medals. Place medals for the top scores will then be awarded.
Are spectators permitted to take photos?
You may take photos of your own child.
What should my gymnast wear?
Girls should wear the Baskervilles club leotard, with their hair tied back neatly (use clips and hairspray) silver shorts optional.
Boys should wear a Baskervilles T-shirt and Baskervilles shorts.
Our Club Kit is available from Reception.