Club Competition 2018
Baskervilles runs an Annual Gymnastics Competition at our Hub Centre at Englishcombe Court. This is a fantastic opportunity for gymnasts to showcase their skills and compete against other gymnasts of a similar age and ability, while performing in front of judges in a fun and relaxed competition environment.
The competition programme for the rescheduled competition taking place on 29th April can be found here.
The tabs along the bottom indicate the different time slots of the competition, find your child’s name to see when they will be competing. The quickest way to do this is to press ‘Ctrl+F’ and insert the gymnasts name. (Click ‘Options’ and make sure ‘Within:’ states ‘workbook’.)
• Gymnasts will perform a floor routine and two vaults, which will be judged by a panel of Baskervilles judges.
• All gymnasts who perform on the day will receive a participation medal.
• Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd on floor and vault in each category, and to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed gymnasts overall in each category. The overall winner of each category will receive a trophy to keep.
• All proceeds from the competition will pay for new equipment.
We encourage you to help your child practise at home. All gymnasts should practise at home using the practice videos below. Follow the link to the correct School-Aged classes.
Click for Warm Up practice video
Click for 4–6 years practice video Tutorial video added
Click for 6–8 years practice video Tutorial video added
Click for 7–10 years practice video Tutorial video added
Click for 9–12 years practice video Tutorial video added
Click for Intermediate 1 practice video
Click for Thursday 4:30pm class, Intermediate 2 practice video
Click for Thursday 5:15pm class, Intermediate 2 practice video
Click for Tuesday 6:10pm, Intermediate 2 practice video
Click for Wednesday 6:30pm, Advanced practice video
Click for Wednesday 6:30pm, Routine 1 practice video
Click for Novice Girls 1 practice video
Click for Novice Girls 2 practice video
Click for Novice Girls under 9 Int practice video
Click for Beginner Girls practice video
Click for Novice Boys practice video
Click for Junior Intermediate Boys practice video
For the Wednesday 6:30pm class at Englishcombe:
Music 3: Britney Spears – Toxic
Jessie Willis To follow
Novice Girls Floor Music
Yes! Entry is £2.00 for adults and £1.00 for concessions – pay on the door.
When should we arrive for the competition?
Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your child’s start time.
How will the competition run?
Each session consists of:
• A group warm up.
• Gymnasts perform warm-up routine.
• Gymnasts compete on apparatus (floor and vault). Gymnasts will perform their floor routine one at a time on the floor area.
• Medal presentation. All gymnasts will be congratulated, receiving gold participation medals. Place medals for the top scores will then be awarded.
Are spectators permitted to take photos?
You may take photos of your own child.
What should my gymnast wear?
Girls should wear the Baskervilles club leotard, with their hair tied back neatly (use clips and hairspray) silver shorts optional.
Boys should wear a Baskervilles T-shirt and Baskervilles shorts.
Our Club Kit is available from Reception.